Content Creation and Site Management Services
Good website content is essential to an effective website.
Creating great content is not rocket science. However, it does require a good deal of thought and effort. You should include these goals in your content creation.
1. Create Original Content – Don’t get caught in copy and paste content creation. Original content is specific to your business, your business processes and your customers. If your content is not specifically focused on enhancing your relationship with your customer, it will probably not be effective.
2. Create Concise Content – Always be as concise a possible. Most web users are not interested in wading through a lot of copy to get to the information they want. Focus on creating strong headlines and bulleted information.
3. Create Action – Generally speaking, the majority of the content in your website should be focused on enticing the user to take a preferred action. Good content lets the user know what to do next and how to do it.
4. Provide Solutions – Try to present your information in the form of solutions. Your customers expect you to provide information that promotes your product or service, but more importantly, they want you to help them solve their problems or meet their needs.
5. Communicate with Images – Short and pointed content punctuated with images will help you get your message across quickly and succinctly.
6. Make it New All the Time – Keep your information fresh and relevant to your business, the market, your customers and the world.
Content creation is often a difficult and time consuming process.
Should you find that you simply don’t have the necessary talents or man hours required to keep your website content up to date, we can help with periodic updates to your website and content. We can also help you with content creation.
- Content target planning – Who will the content be created for?
- Action Planning – What are the actions you want your web users to take?
- Action Enticement – How can users be enticed to take those actions.
- Content Creation – The written and graphic design of the content.
- Effectiveness Tracking – Tracking the effectiveness of the content at helping you meet your goals.
Choosing the Right Content Management System
Keeping Your Content Fresh
Fresh content is essential to a successful website. New web based technologies and expansive content management solutions are making it easier to keep your site up to date.
Content management systems (CMS) allow you to change content on your website from a simplified administration area that don’t require extensive programming expertise. There are a few good open source content management systems on the market. Each has a predefined set of features and components that can be added as needed. Finding the right system depends upon lots of variables including your organization’s technical expertise. We can help you decide which CMS best fits your needs.
In addition to packaged CMS solutions, we also provide custom content management solution programmed specifically to meet your requirements. These systems are written in-house using the technology best suited for your requirements. Because each project is custom designed and developed you are not limited to a predefined set of capabilities, features and components. We can insure it fits your business, marketing and customer relations strategies.
Open Source Content Management Systems
- Magento e-Commerce
Custom Content Management Development
- Visual Basic
Your business is unique and evolves as the market changes. It is important that your e-commerce website design can change to meet the needs of your changing company and market.
Many e-commerce websites require a custom ordering process based on your business model.
Our custom e-commerce software is developed in-house with constant upgrades and revisions over the last 20 years. Owning the code means we can customize the software to match any feature or business process you need now or will need anytime in the future.
For instance, you may need to:
- Offer custom pricing levels for different types of customers
- Sell both to retail and wholesale customers with different billing options
- Provide different shipping options to different categories of customers
- Provide custom marketing and promotional features
If your needs fall into a standard set of e-commerce features there are many open-source e-commerce packages available. We support a number of open source e-commerce packages with a preset array of features and functionality. All of our e-commerce website development solutions come complete with a full range of administration features of both content management and catalog management features. Our custom development packages can be customized to fit your exacting needs.